Friday, December 4, 2009

Turkey Leftover Overload and Holiday Entertaining

Wow! Thanksgiving left as quickly as it came. Needless to say, I am completely over my leftovers. Every night this week included at least something that was made last Thursday. As much as I love the Ultimate Mashed Potatoes and the Green Bean Casserole, I am actually happy to say that I will be making dinner tonight that doesn’t include Thanksgiving leftovers.

December is a very busy month for everyone. Holiday parties are quickly filling my calendar and of course, Swanson is very popular this time of year! Over the next few weeks, I will be focusing on superb entertaining that will not only be easy on your wallet but will ease the stress of the season. My first recipe that I want to share is dinner tonight: Chicken and Vegetable Bake. It’s easy, delicious and really affordable (it’s less than $10 for 4 people)!

Chicken and Vegetable Bake
From Campbell’s Kitchen
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Serves: 4





Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cooked broccoli flowerets OR cauliflowerets
1 cup cooked sliced carrots
1 cup cooked cut green beans
2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
dash Ground black pepper
1 can (2.8 ounces) French's® French Fried Onions (1 1/3 cups)
1/4 cup cooked red pepper strips (optional)

Directions:

Stir the soup, milk, broccoli, carrots, beans, chicken, black pepper, 1/2 can onions and red pepper, if desired, in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.

Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.

Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with a tossed salad with ranch dressing with crusty Italian bread. For dessert serve pineapple chunks.

Best, and until next time, Kaitlin!

P.S. In case you are new to Entertaining Escapades, I want to remind everyone in the interest of full disclosure that I work with Swanson Chicken.

No comments: