Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Fever

"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." - Doug Larson

How can you not love that quote? Now that we have set the mood for our “Spring Fever” post, I want to share with my Entertaining Escapaders the top five reasons why I love spring!
  1. This is quite obvious -- but the warmer weather kicks off my list of favorite things about spring. The warm weather also comes with green grass, spring flowers and a little bit more daylight every day.
  2. A fresh new start. Spring offers a feeling of new beginnings. Whether it’s planting a new garden, getting back on track with your exercise routine or a recommitment to a personal goal, spring is the perfect time to start over and have a fresh new outlook on life. 
  3. Nothing says spring more than Spring Training! How I enjoy the Philadelphia Phillies coming back from Clearwater to start a new season. Go Phils!
  4. I love having the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors more often. Whether I take my little doggie for a long walk or simply enjoy sitting outside on our deck, the fresh air is purely rejuvenating.
  5. Delicious fresh food such as asparagus, apricots, spinach and fennel are all in season during the springtime. We just love visiting the local farmer’s market to pick the freshest fruit and veggies!


Best, and until next time, Kaitlin!

No comments: