Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Family, Thanksgiving and the Best Leftovers


As I mentioned last week, I will be hosting my first Thanksgiving dinner this year.  Through all the planning, preparation and excitement about the upcoming holiday, including the glorious Black Friday deals, I almost completely forgot about my favorite part of Turkey Day, the leftovers! I typically don’t eat many leftovers.  Yes, I am that person who will let the leftover chicken casserole go to waste as I forage on to new recipes.  However, for some reason there is something really special about eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

As the host, I am sure to have a refrigerator filled with turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy.  Today, I wanted to share a few great recipes I found around the web from last year.  The best part about most of the below recipes is that if you really enjoy one of them, you can always try substituting the turkey for Swanson’s Chicken so you can enjoy it all year round!

Now, on to the recipes…


·      Rosemary Turkey Squares from Taste and Tell. I love this recipe because the rosemary adds a lovely earthy undertone along with an elegant touch. It’s perfect as an appetizer or perhaps lunch. 

·      Hot Turkey Sandwiches from Campbell’s Kitchen. This recipe is a classic Thanksgiving leftover meal. It’s comforting and just brings me back a great time in my childhood.
·      Thanksgiving Leftover Panini from Annie’s Eats.  This recipe is unique and simply delicious! All you have to do is sandwich your leftover turkey and cranberry sauce together and add some cheese.  I even like to add a little gravy to the side for dipping.  It is winning recipe!
·      Thanksgiving Casserole from Lauren’s Kitchen.  All I can say about this recipe is that it’s DELICIOUS!  The casserole is the perfect chance to test out substituting the turkey for Swanson Chicken.
·      Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas from Real Mom’s Kitchen. This recipe is creative and is great for lunch after a long morning of shopping all of the Black Friday deals! 


I hope you enjoy the leftovers just as much as the big meal! Happy Thanksgiving!

Best, and until next time, Kaitlin!



No comments: