Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Entertaining

WOW! It’s mid-November already and I am getting a little nervous about Thanksgiving this year.  As you know, I am still quite new to cooking for myself which means I don’t have much experience entertaining at home.  This year, I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the very first time and it is quite nerve-wracking!

The menu will be pretty traditional.  I will have a roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and of course, green bean casserole.  In fact, I’m not that worried about the menu.  I think I have that all set from all the great tips at Campbell’s Kitchen. 

My concern this year is my décor.  I would really like enhance the overall experience of Thanksgiving with some great, yet easy decorations.  So, I have been doing some research and I found quite a few wonderful resources that offer some great tips for decorating for Thanksgiving.  I thought all my Entertaining Escapaders would love to hear all about it!

A Warm Welcome
It is often said that first impressions of a home starts before you even open the front door.  I think it’s very important to greet your guests for Thanksgiving with a warm, autumnal welcome.  You can create some great, affordable fall décor with a little imagination.  I found a wicker basket at the craft store and filled it with a variety of small pumpkins and gourds and placed it on my front porch. I added a nice autumn wreath to the door and it turned out just wonderful for an affordable price!

The Centerpiece
The entire dinner will be centered around what you have on the table so, I thought it would be important to create something special.  I will be attempting to create my own centerpiece using a how-to guide I found on HGTV’s website. 

The Table Setting Tips
 I found a few wonderful tips for table settings on Martha Stewart’s website. One of my favor tips is the name cards made from sweet-gum-tree spurs.   

The great thing about these tips is that she includes a how-to tutorial for each tip and a lot of them are fun projects for the entire family.  You are sure to find some great ideas!

I hope you find my autumn decorating tips helpful and you try something new this year when you welcome your family and friends into your home for Thanksgiving!



Best, and until next time, Kaitlin!

No comments: