Friday, December 12, 2008

Holiday Gift Guide



If you’re anything like me, the most stressful part of the holidays is shopping for presents. The long lines are a pain and the stress of overspending is no fun, but the worst part is just thinking of what to get for your friends, family and co-workers, year after year. Especially if you, like me, have a friend who, without fail, somehow has the time to go out and find the perfect gift. I think she starts shopping in August.

Here’s the deal: the present can’t be too expensive….but it can’t be too cheap either. It has to show you put thought into the gift, and be creative and original. Basically, I need to be able to get gifts that convey thoughtfulness or, as our friends at Mastercard say, “the things that money can’t buy,” since I don’t have money! The pressure! Well, workingmomsblog.com has posted an awesome holiday gift guide that covers everyone on your shopping list. It’s broken down by persona and price range so it’s easy to navigate. How do I know it’s awesome? Cause every item I looked at, I thought “I could use that!” or “That’s perfect for ______!”

Another great blog is The Gift Ideas Blog for really cool, artsy jewelry and other original ideas! The image above is courtesy of their fantastic holiday gift guide. This is a great place to find ideas for hard to buy for women like your Mom and sister or really hard to buy for women such as your mother or sister in law!


No comments: